Community Web Sites
Check out some of the great Web sites hosted by CRRL:
- American Association of University Professors - Professional organization open to all faculty, librarians, and academic professionals at two- and four-year accredited public and private colleges and universities.
- ARC - Rappahannock - Local chapter of the national organization solely devoted to advocating for children and adults with mental retardation, as well as their families.
- Birthright of Fredericksburg - "Birthright takes a "non-moralistic, non-judgmental" approach toward helping women through their pregnancy dilemmas."
- Central Rappahannock Heritage Center Archives - The Heritage Center collects and archivally preserves for research the grass-roots history of the Central Rappahannock region---the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Stafford and Spotsylvania. A "people's archive," its broad ranging collections are a resource for all students of history, reflecting the family, business and cultural influences that have shaped the region.
- Downtown Greens - the community garden project.
- Fire and Rescue Volunteers of Spotsylvania County - dedicated to the Volunteers of Spotsylvania County, Virginia that provide Fire & Rescue services to their community.
- FINDHelp - The website of the Fredericksburg Area Information Network on Disabilities - This Web site is superseded by disabilityNavigator and/or SeniorNavigator.
- Greater Rappahannock Area Ladies League - committed to enriching, sustaining, and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry within our community.
- HOME, Inc. - Housing Opportunities Made Economical, Inc., assists people with disabilities in finding accessible and affordable housing.
- Newcomers and Old Friends Club, Inc. - We are a non-profit organization providing social opportunities and community service.
- Potomac Combined Federal Campaign - The CFC is the only authorized solicitation of employees in the Federal workplace on behalf of charitable organizations.
- Rappahannock Astronomy Club, a non-profit organization of amateur astronomers located in the Fredericksburg, VA area. If you have even a passing interest in the night sky, come and see us at one of our monthly meetings or activities.
- Rappahannock United Way - Rappahannock United Way is not just a fundraiser, it also has plays the role of convener, facilitator, data collector, resource mobilizer, and direct service provider.
- Shiloh Baptist Church (Old Site) - Shiloh Baptist Church (Old Site) of Fredericksburg, Virginia, has long celebrated 1854 as the date of its functional beginnings as a separate congregation. In fact, however, its history and roots go back even further.
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War - To perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) and the men who served the Union from 1861 to 1865.
- Tsunami Swimming - Looking for those who have the desire to learn [to swim competitively] and the drive to see it through.