England Run Branch
England Run Branch
England Run Library is a 30,000 square foot building opened on October 4, 2010. The building was designed and constructed following LEED specifications - find out more about the green initiatives incorporated in the building. The library houses a collection of 90,000 items and provides regularly scheduled classes and events for all ages. An outstanding feature of the building is the Living Room, including casual seating for browsing and studying near the electric fireplace. The building includes public-access computers throughout the building, four quiet study rooms and five meeting rooms, two of which can be combined to seat 180 people. Local artists display their work in the main hall. The one-story building is accessible with automatic doors, five accessible parking spaces in our lot, and an accessible drop-off space at the front door. England Run also hosts a grant-funded weather station - see current weather below!
Directions & Map
- Exit I-95 at exit 133B to merge onto US-17/Warrenton Rd toward Warrenton.
- Follow US-17 for about 1.4 miles, then turn right at Plantation Drive.
- Continue on Plantation Drive for about 1 mile, then turn left on Lyons Blvd.
- Turn left into the library parking lot.
Computers: Approximately 50 public-access computers
Wireless: All branches have wireless Internet access.
Meeting Rooms: 180-seat room which can be partitioned to make two smaller rooms, a conference room, and 6 smaller meeting or group study rooms.
Collection Size: Approximately 90,000 volumes
Notary Public: On duty during most branch hours by appointment. See more here.
Parking: 120 off-street parking spaces around building
Accessibility Features: 5 handicapped parking spaces, handicapped drop-off location at front of building, drive-up book drop, automatic doors, no interior stairs, accessible restrooms, wheelchair and 3 walkers available for use, one set FM transmitter and receiver
Transportation: The Fred bus stops at the corner of Lyons Blvd and Plantation Drive.
Architect: The Lukmire Partnership, Arlington, Virginia
Contractor: E. E. Reed Construction
- Bike racks provided to encourage walking and biking to library
- Addition of sidewalks to the library side of Lyons Blvd, connecting to existing sidewalks
- Sun shades on windows
- Reflective roof
- Sensor-operated sinks
- Energy-efficient glass, lighting, and HVAC system
- Occupancy sensors in rooms
- Use of recycled materials in the carpet and countertops
- Bamboo millwork
- Paint, carpet, and adhesive low in volatile organic compounds