The Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center is preparing for a new exhibition, "Fredericksburg Remembers 9/11," to commemorate the ten year anniversary of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. The museum wants to partner with our community and is asking you to share your memories.
The exhibit will focus on these themes:
- first responders at the Pentagon or World Trade Center
- anyone who was an eyewitness to the attacks
- airline pilots who were on duty/flying that day
- local citizens and their experiences at school, work, or home as the events of the day unfolded
- aftermath stories
- the Muslim members of our community and what their experiences have been as they relate to the day of the attacks and the months and years following
- how far we have come in the ten years since the attacks and how our every day lives have changed - for example stricter airport security and our involvement in wars overseas
Do you have stories, original objects, and images you might consider sharing?
The Museum wants to build the exhibit around very specific stories, images and objects from members of our community. Adults and children are encouraged to participate. Any original material that is borrowed for the exhibit will be returned to the owner at the conclusion of the exhibition.
Want to participate? The Museum will be considering submissions for this exhibition through mid-June.
To participate contact:
Mary Helen Dellinger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Vice President, Collections and Exhibitions
Fredericksburg Area Museum
PO Box 922
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
540-371-3037 ex, 129