The Governator: From Muscle Beach to His Quest for the White House, the Improbable Rise of Arnold Schwarzenegger
By Ian Halperin
"Who is the real Arnold Schwarzenegger? Investigative journalist and number one New York Times bestselling author Ian Halperin reveals the true and untold story about this larger-than-life and often outrageous figure From his childhood in Austria to his rise as a star of American conservative politics, the story of Arnold Schwarzenegger's life reads like the script of a Hollywood B-movie penned by Horatio Alger. In this exclusive peek behind the curtain, award-winning scoop hunter Ian Halperin wades through the myths and rumors to discover the real Arnold behind the icon, a man defined by unbridled ambition and an unending quest for power.
"Based on extensive research, undercover forays, and candid interviews with many of the Terminator's close friends and peers, Halperin brings the myth to life with:
- a riveting journey through Schwarzenegger's past to explore his relationship with his abusive father and his feelings toward the Nazi party.
- insights into the shadowy world of bodybuilding and Schwarzenegger's early steroid use.
- an investigation of Schwarzenegger's reputation as a bully and a womanizer, including his alleged affairs and public accusations of sexual harassment--behavior that earned him the nickname 'the Groper.'
- an in-depth look at his long-standing fascination with the Kennedys and his remarkably seamless assimilation into his wife's fabled family.
- a detailed look into Maria's startling weight loss.
- an analysis of Schwarzenegger's political career, revealing him to be a surprisingly effective and talented governor.
- the behind-the-scenes machinations of the Kennedy family to influence Schwarzenegger's political agenda.
And finally Halperin uncovers the never-before-told details of an incredible and audacious plan for Schwarzenegger to attempt to rewrite the Constitution and run for president of the United States."
Does not include the latest scandals touching his family.