Linda Clevenger is a professional consultant who works with homeowners, business owners, entrepreneurs and mompreneurs to organize their space and lives.
Linda lives in Spotsylvania with her husband and oldest granddaughter. She has been married to her husband Marty for 33 years and has three grown children. Grandchild number five will arrive in November.
Why did you decide to start a professional organizing business?
After several decades of working in corporate America, I decided that it was time for me to do something for myself. So, I took the combined 30 years of experience of traveling with my husband’s Marine Corps career and my management experience in the financial planning, as well as international unions, and decided that it was time to do something that I loved—organize.
For the last nine years, I have been assisting local area businesses and residents to cut through the physical and mental clutter that causes stress and anxiety and overwhelms.
Why is being organized so important?
It has been shown that clutter is a major cause of home-related anxiety, and this has an overall effect on our mental and physical health. I have found that the main reasons that people struggle with being organized are:
- They are afraid of making the wrong decision, so they don’t make a decision.
- They have had a life-changing experience that is occupying their time and keeping them from getting organized.
- They have physical limitations that keep them from being able to become organized.
- They are just too busy with life—there is no time!
- They just have too much stuff.
How do you help people get organized?
There are several ways that I (and my team) work with you to help you get organized:
- Physically – we work with you side-by-side to help you eliminate, donate, and organize what you need to organized
- Coaching – I work with you one-on-one to hold you accountable to getting organized (when you don’t want – or need anyone physically in your home or office).
- Through products that help you organize your entire life (including paperwork and documents).
How can people find out about more about you?
What types of books inspire you?
I love to read books that are positive, motivational and help keep me grounded.
See Linda’s Guest Picks booklist: