Saturday, September 23, 12:00–4:00 at Salem Church Branch
Screenings, demonstrations, and information for the whole family that specializes in keeping the community healthy.
Representatives from local health care providers and agencies will be on hand to discuss their services and offer health screenings, demonstrations, activities, free take-home goodies, and tips and information on a wide range of topics from exercise to nutrition to stress reduction. The following organizations will be taking part in the Health Fair:
- Rappahannock Area Community Services Board (RACSB)
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services (FAHASS)
- disAbility Resource Center
- Advanced Hearing Group
- Mental Health America of Fredericksburg and the Senior Visits Program
- Healthy Generations: Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging
- The UUFF Fredericksburg Vegetarian Group
- Fredericksburg Food Cooperative
- Sahra's Senior Day Out
- Phoenix Rising Health and Wellness
- ElderCare Connections
- Endless Hope Discoveries
- Pediatric Partners for Attention & Learning
- Cuidado Casero Home Care of Virginia
- Brain Injury Services
Health & Wellness Resources at Your Library
The library has trusted health and wellness information resources. Try one of our online consumer medical sources:
- Health & Wellness Resource Center
Articles from health and fitness magazines and scholarly medical journals, a medical dictionary and encyclopedias, a health organization directory, a drug and herb finder, information on alternative health resources and health assessment tools.
- Natural Medicines
High-quality, evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies from health care providers and researchers. Mobile app available.
- RBdigital eMagazines
Full-text issues of Clean Eating, Fit Pregnancy, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Natural Health, Women’s Health, and Yoga Journal.
For the best medical websites, from women’s health to symptom checkers to doctor and hospital ratings to drug interactions, visit our Health Answers.
Find a book on selected health topics from one of our booklists:
- Bend Without Breaking: Meditation for Health and Stress Relief
- Caring for the Caregiver
- CRRL Guest Picks: John McLaughlin on Meditation and Mindfulness
- Dealing with Depression
- Fitness After 50
- Gardening for Good
- Holistic Self-Care
- Kick the Habit
- Learning about Diabetes
- Stub Out Your Smoking Habit
Drop by your local branch anytime for assistance in finding consumer health information from trusted sources.