February was Wise Consumer Health Month - but being wise about your health is a daily exercise. This national health observance, created by the American Institute for Preventive Medicine, encourages people to take an active role in their health. The Institute's goal is to see people become wise about their health and take steps to prevent disease for themselves and their families.
Some tips for promoting good health are:
· Choosing a good health care provider and learning how to communicate with him/her
· Including moderate exercise each week
· Eating a nutritious and balanced diet
· Learning to reduce or better handle stress
· Avoiding substance abuse and other addictive behaviors
What made Jay Leno crave an audience? What lesson did Steve Forbes learn early and never forget? What influenced Steve Wozniak?
Children’s literature specialist Anita Silvey conducted interviews with these three and over 100 other people in the arts, business, and sciences to discover what inspired and influenced them as children. The result is her new book, “Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children's Book, Life Lessons from Notable People from All Walks of Life.”