- Chuck Gray
Thanks to our OverDrive ebook database, you have 24-hour access to a diverse collection of popular titles you can download instantly to your eReader, including the Amazon Kindle and Kindle apps. At the moment, users can have up to four titles checked out at once. The good news is that these eBooks can be returned early when you're finished with them, freeing up a space to your download limit. However, Kindle users may have noticed that Amazon has recently made a subtle change to the manner in which Kindle books are returned early.
Here's how to return those Kindle ebooks you borrowed early. As you'll see, I'm on a bit of a Dresden Files kick at the moment.
- Go to Amazon.com
- Mouse over, but DO NOT CLICK, on the button in the upper-right area of the screen that reads Hello, Sign in.
- A menu will appear. Click the option that reads Manage Your Content and Devices.
- On the Sign in screen, enter the email address and password associated with your Kindle or Kindle app.
- On the Manage Your Content and Devices page, find the book(s) you want to return. They will be marked as Borrowed in orange text.
- Click the ellipsis (...) button next to the title you want to return.
- In the menu that appears, click the link that reads Return this book.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to return the book. Click the Yes button.
The ellipsis button used to read Actions and was displayed on the right margin of the screen across the book title. Now the column containing the ellipsis buttons is labeled Actions at the top. I'm embarrassed by the minutes I spent hunting for that silly thing. Maybe I can spare you the pain. Or just give you a story to chuckle at.