Local Tax Information
Federal and State Tax Forms, Publications, & Help at the Library
Federal and state tax forms and publications can be printed out at all branches. The federal and state governments no longer provide to the library copies of forms and publications for distribution. For federal forms and publications:
- IRS.gov/Forms - to view and download
- IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
The Law Library at Headquarters of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library has legal information on taxes, especially of interest to tax attorneys. Please call 540-372-1144 for more information.
Local IRS Office
Federal and Virginia state tax return preparation is available for individuals who qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Call the local IRS office at (540) 899-9450 for more information.
Local IRS Office
1320 Central Park Blvd.
Fredericksburg, VA, 22401
Other links of interest:
If you have questions about tax changes and updates, please visit the IRS News Room for more information.
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Download forms and instructions for the present year back to 1990. Adobe Acrobat Reader is freely available to download and use for viewing and printing documents. You may also read lengthy publications online, if you desire. Files may be searched by keyword. Some of the more popular forms are available in a "fill-in" version. This page also links to states' tax sites and electronic filing options.
- AARP Online Tax Counseling
- The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) provides information to help you complete your federal tax return. Site offers frequently asked questions and an opportunity to ask questions of trained volunteers.
- Virginia Department of Taxation
- Individuals are encouraged to file electronically using iFile. You can find Virginia tax forms from 1995-present online. Answers to frequently-asked questions and forms for businesses and estates can be found on the department's home page. You may also request that forms be mailed to your home, or download them in Adobe portable document format (.pdf) from home or in the library. Otherwise, forms are not being mailed out.
- Tax Forms from Other States
- Get tax forms online from different states. Please note that not all states have this service.
- Spotsylvania County Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue
- Information about taxes is available through the Commissioner of the Revenue. Spotsylvania residents can pay their personal property taxes, real estate taxes, and other county bills online using their credit cards.
- Stafford County, Office of the Treasurer
- This site has information about other county regulations. Stafford residents can pay their personal property and real estate taxes online.
- Westmoreland County, Taxes
- Tax tables for real estate, machinery & tools, motor vehicles, sales & use, and public utilities.
- City of Fredericksburg Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue
- Information about taxes is available through the Commissioner of the Revenue's office.
- Calculators On-Line Center
- All manner of useful calculators. Includes unit conversion, abacus, basic math, complex math calculators by specialty (fractals, curves, algorithms, etc.), slide rule and statistical calculators.
- Tax and Accounting Sites Directory
- A truly comprehensive site that has policies, laws, tables, help guides and more for both federal and state taxes.
- Tax Policy Center
- Provides timely, accessible analysis and facts about tax policy to policymakers, journalists, citizens, and researchers via tax factsheets and analysis.