Teen Art Show Rules
- Artwork can be delivered to the second floor reference desk of the Headquarters Library
between Tuesday, February 18 - Tuesday, February 25.
- All work must be original interpretations by the artist – no copies.
- We cannot use pieces hung in the library in previous years.
An entrant may submit no more than two pieces.
- All work will be accepted contingent on being reviewed by the installation committee. The library reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- While we make every effort to care for your art, the library is not responsible for the damage or loss of any work.
Entries are committed until March 26.
- Work must be picked up between March 26 - April 14 from the 2nd floor desk, unless you wish to donate your work to Hope House.
- Images of your artwork may be used in CRRL promotional materials unless artist indicates otherwise.
Students must live or attend school in the city of Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania, Stafford, or Westmoreland county to enter.
- FRAMING REQUIREMENTS:
All work must be framed OR painted canvas on stretcher strips OR mounted on foam core and shrink-wrapped (no saran-wrap please). Foam core with acetate or shrink-wrap is the least expensive option.
- The minimum matted or framed size is 11” x 14”.
- Artwork must weight less than 13lbs.
- No gallery clips, plastic frames, or picture frames with easel supports or stands.
- We cannot accept three dimensional freestanding work.
QUESTIONS? Contact the CRRL graphics department at 540-372-1144 X226 or the Youth Services Department at 540-372-1144 X242, and we’ll be happy to help you.
- Bring TWO registration forms for EACH piece of artwork submitted. Download registration forms (PDF).
Please help us label your work correctly by writing as neatly as you can.