Uniquely Spotsylvania 2013
August 1- September 29, 2013
A Juried Exhibit in Memoriam of DuVal Dickinson
Best of Show
Fritzi Newton - Ceres, Slaughter Pen Farm (above)
1st Place: Ed KIng - Chewning's Store
2nd Place: Jan Finn-Duffy - Bravo for Spotsy!
3rd Place: Cireena Katto - Playing on the Rappahannock
Honorable Mention: May Townley - Country Cruizin
Honorable Mention: Shellie Ridder - Rappahannock Boat Landing
1st Place: Susan Garnett - Edge of the Wilderness
2nd Place: Barbara Perry - Drummer
3rd Place: May Townley - Lakeside Dreams
Honorable Mention: Susan Garnett - Origin Plank Road
1st Place: Fritzi Newton - Hunting Run Rese
2nd Place: Maura Harrison - Slaughter Pen Passages
3rd Place: Kim Carr - Spotsylvania Farmers Market
Honorable Mention: Maura Harrison - Witness Ely's Ford Road
1st Place: Leslie Brier - Spotsylvania 22553
2nd Place: Mary Lou Cramer - All Over the Map
3rd Place: Lorie McCown - Crossroads of the Civil War
Honorable Mention: Lorie McCown - Slaughter Pen Farm
Show Dates: August 1–September 29, 2013
Pick Up Exhibited Work:
Monday, September 30, 9am - 7pm
Tuesday, October 1, 10am - 5pm
at Salem Church Branch
2607 Salem Church Road
Questions & Information:
Exhibition Juror & Judge:
Retired art teacher
James Monroe High School, Fredericksburg
Guidelines & Requirements:
- All artists (ages 18 and up) are invited to apply.
- Artistic works must be inspired by the Spotsylvania experience - scenes, sites, & people.
- Entries must be original and completed in the last five years. No repeat entries.
- Works must be framed and ready to hang with two hooks or screw-eyes for wire attachment.
Suggestions of subjects:
Massaponax Baptist Church
Spotsylvania Towne Center
Phinney & Daughters
Woodstock Historic District
Lake Anna State Park
Wilderness (also in Orange County)
Fredericksburg Battlefield (Slaughter Pen Farm and the southern part of Lee Drive.)
- Slide metal hooks to the top of metal frames
- Put screw eyes 2” from top on wooden frames
- Size requirements: FRAME SIZE must be NO SMALLER than 11” x 14”
- Please call with framing or size questions.
- NO gallery clips.
- All work must be for sale, priced to reflect a 20% commission. Buyers make checks payable to the CRRL.
$25 for first piece
$10 for each additional piece
Artists make checks payable to the CRRL.
Painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor)
Drawing/Printmaking (charcoal, pastel, pen & ink, pencil)
Computer Generated Art
We are sorry we cannot accept 3-dimensional work.
Generously donated by the Friends of the Library.
BEST IN SHOW: $1,000
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $175
Honorable Mention: $100
Prizes awarded in each category:
Painting, Drawing/Printmaking, Photography,
Computer Generated Art, Mixed Media