Uniquely Stafford is an arts show celebrating works inspired by the Stafford experience, sponsored by the Central Rappahannock Regional Library in partnership with Stafford 350 and the Friends of Chatham.
Entry Deadline: September 26, 5pm
England Run Branch: October 1-November 30, 2014
England Run Branch, Wednesday, October 1, 5:30-7:30
Jury & Judge:
Carole Garmon, University of Mary Washington Professor of Art, and Art & Art History Department Chair
Questions & Information:
- All artists (ages 18 and up) are invited to apply.
- Artistic works must be inspired by the Stafford experience - scenes, sites, & people.
- Entries must be original and completed in the last five years. No repeat entries.
- Works must be framed and ready to hang with two hooks or screw-eyes for wire attachment.
- Slide metal hooks to the top of metal frames.
- Put screw eyes 2” from top on wooden frames.
- Size requirements: Frame size must be no smaller than 11” x 14” and no larger than 48" x 36".
- No gallery clips.
- All work must be for sale, priced to reflect a 20% commission. Buyers make checks payable to the CRRL.
$25 for first piece
$10 for each additional piece
Artists make checks payable to the CRRL.
Painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor)
Drawing/Printmaking (charcoal, pastel, pen & ink, pencil)
Computer Generated Art
We are sorry we cannot accept 3-dimensional work.
Deliver Work to:
England Run Branch
Tuesday, September 30, 10:00-5:00 Wednesday, October 1, 2:00-9:00
Notification of accepted work will be posted to the library's website by 5:00 on Monday, September 29.
Generously donated by the Friends of the Library. Prizes awarded in each category.
BEST IN SHOW: $1,000
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $175
Honorable Mention: $100
The Friends of Chatham are generously offering a $100 award to the work they judge as the best in show representing Chatham Manor, its dependencies, or grounds. Please indicate on the application if your work is also entered for the Uniquely Chatham prize.