Artistic works inspired by the Stafford experience—scenes, sites, and people.
Show dates: July 1–August 31
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 15, 6:00–8:00 (Generously donated by The Friends of the Library)
- Friday, June 23, 12:00–5:00
- Saturday, June 24, 9:00–5:00
Pick up unaccepted work:
- Thursday, June 29, 9:00–9:00
Pick up exhibited work:
- Tuesday, September 5, 9:00–9:00
- Wednesday, September 6, 9:00–9:00
Notification of accepted work will be posted on this page by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 28.
2001 Parkway Boulevard
Stafford, VA 22554
The entry form and extra labels for the back of your entries can be downloaded here.
Exhibition Juror & Judge, Janet Payne
BFA, M.Ed, art educator, Fine Arts Coordinator for Stafford County Schools for 18 years, adjunct faculty at several Virginia universities, and appointee to the Virginia Commission for the Arts by Governor L. Douglas Wilder.
- Deadline to apply: Saturday, June 24, 5 pm.
- All artists (ages 18 and up) are invited to apply.
- Artistic works must be inspired by the Stafford experience—scenes, sites, and people.
- Entries must be original and completed in the last five years. No repeat entries, please.
- Works must be framed and ready to hang with two hooks or screw-eyes for wire attachment.
- Please slide metal hooks to the top of metal frames, and put screw eyes 2” from top on wooden frames.
- Frame size must be no smaller than 11” x 14” and no larger than 48” x 36”.
- Please email with framing or size questions.
- No gallery clips.
All work must be for sale, priced to reflect a 20% commission. Buyers make checks payable to CRRL.
- $25 for first piece, $10 for each additional piece.
- Artists make checks payable to CRRL.
- Painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor)
- Drawing/Printmaking (charcoal, pastel, pen and ink, pencil)
- Computer Generated Art
- Mixed Media
We are sorry, but we cannot accept 3-dimensional work.
Cash Awards, Generously donated by the Friends of the Library
- Best in Show: $1,000
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $250
- Third Place: $175
- Honorable Mention: $100
Prizes awarded in each category.
Questions & Information:
Anna Lowry: firstname.lastname@example.org