Resources for Veterans, Military Members and Their Families
For many of us Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer. Pools and amusement parks open to a regular schedule, children bring out their water toys, picnics are planned, and moms start dreading the increased loads of laundry.
Amidst all this excitement, we should always pause and take a few moments to honor the service members who have served and given their lives for this country.
One way to honor these brave men and women is to provide resources that can assist their family members and also all the surviving veterans and military members.
Below is a list of Web sites that can answer many questions. Also, these sites identify who can be contacted pertaining to certain matters.
- U.S Department of Veteran Affairs
- Miltary One Source
- Disabled American Veterans
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Service Women's Action Network
- Germanna Community College Veterans' Affairs
- University of Mary Washington Office of Veterans' Affairs