Start the new year off right by reading, listening to, or watching whatever interests you!
- January 1 - March 31, 2020 customers ages 16 and up can register for our Adult Winter Reading Challenge.
- Log 4 or more books online, or pick up a paper log at the Research Desk of any branch to be eligible to receive an exclusive, limited-edition CRRL travel mug!
- When you've logged 4 items, you can pick up your mug at the Research Desk.
- Complete fun missions to earn digital badges and chances to win movie tickets or a books in monthly drawings.
- Join our Book Chat Facebook group to share reading recommendations, post #mugshots, and participate in weekly book giveaway drawings!
- Download the Adult Winter Reading Challenge app from Readsquared to participate on the go! Available for Apple and Android. Once the app is installed, search for "Central Rappahannock Regional Library," then select the Adult Winter Reading Challenge.
Registering for the Adult Winter Reading Challenge
- Beginning January 1, visit the Adult Winter Reading Challenge website. (Before January 1, you can sign up to receive an email reminder to register.)
- Logging in:
Did you participate in Summer Reading or the Adult Winter Reading Challenge last year? If so, click on "Login" and use your same username and password to sign up for this year's program.
- First Time Registration:
- If this is your first time participating in a CRRL reading program (summer or winter), or if you want to create a new account for this program, click "Register."
- You will need to select a unique username and a password that is seven or more characters, including at least one number and one letter.
- If you enter your email address, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration, along with your username and password for your records.
- Missions: Fun adventures (like New Year Reading Challenge, Cabin Fever, and Winter Wonderland) with activities to complete in the library and out in the community. Complete a minimum number of activities to finish the mission and receive a digital badge and points.
- Reading lists will introduce you to great new reads, which you can then add to your reading log.
- Digital badges to earn and collect.
- Your dashboard (seen below) tracks your progress throughout the challenge.
Logging Reading & Earning Points
Once logged in to your account, click "Log Reading" from the left menu or from your dashboard in the center of the page.
- 1 book logged = 10 points
- 1 completed mission = 100 points (Plus, each completed mission enters your name into monthly drawings for movie tickets or books.)
- Maximum points you can log per day = 500 points
- You "complete" the Adult Winter Reading Challenge once you earn 340 points, but you can keep logging and earning!