CRRL’s digital eMagazine collection, consisting of more than 3,000 titles in a variety of languages, is provided by the Library of Virginia. As of October 1, 2021, you can access eMagazines through the Library of Virginia’s Find it VA OverDrive website and in the Libby app with your CRRL library card. You can also view eMagazines on the Libby website.
Magazines check out for 3 weeks and do not count against your other OverDrive check-out limits, meaning you can check out as many as you want. When the check-out period is over, your access to the eMagazine will also end, similar to an eBook or eAudio. You can always check out the eMagazine again, as they do not have hold lists and are always available. There are no overdue fees.
Back issues of some titles can be reached by clicking on the “Select Another Issue” button and selecting an issue from the drop-down.
New! If you want to be notified when new issues of the magazine are available, tap on the notify tag under the title in Libby, and you will receive an email notification when the next issue is released.
Checking out eMagazines through the OverDrive Website
You can log into the Library of Virginia’s Find it VA OverDrive website and check out eMagazines with these steps:
- Go to finditva.overdrive.com/library/magazines.
- Click on the blue Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Under “Select Your Library” drop-down, choose “Central Rappahannock Regional Library.”
- Enter your CRRL library card number and pin.
- Tap Sign In and start checking out eMagazines!
Checking out eMagazines through the Libby app on your smartphone or tablet
If you already use the Libby app, it’s easy to add on the Library of Virginia’s site with these steps:
- Tap on the Libby profile icon at the bottom of the app screen. This pulls up your list of libraries.
- Tap Add a Library
- Search for Library of Virginia and click on its name to go to their site in Libby.
- Under “Let’s take a moment to sign into your Library of Virginia account. Where do you use your library card?” click “Choose Another Location”.
- Enter your CRRL card number, and you can start checking out eMagazines.
- If you want to switch back to CRRL’s Libby site to check out eBooks and eAudio, click on the Libby profile icon and then on Central Rappahannock Regional Library under “Your Libraries.” Switch back to Library of Virginia when you want to search and check out eMagazines.
Questions & Answers
How do I read past issues of a magazine?
On the website, click on “Select another issue,” and scroll down to the issue you would like to read. In Libby, scroll down under “Series” and see the issues listed there.
How can I get a library card for this?
You can request one online, and it will be mailed to you, or come into your local branch, and we will be happy to help you.
I used to be able to check out my magazine from CRRL’s Libby site. Why can’t I do that anymore?
As of October 1, 2021, access to this collection has changed to the Library of Virginia’s OverDrive and Libby site. You can still access this collection of more than 3,000 magazines with your CRRL library card number.