Porter Branch is getting new, bookstore-style shelving in the Children's Department! Stafford County has contracted for new shelving for the children's collection, to be installed in coming weeks. These wooden shelves are lower and more attractive, allowing materials to be more accessible, especially for younger customers. These shelves also provide increased visibility and allow for more natural light.
Disruption to customer service will be kept to a minimum, but there will be some necessary interruptions:
- The Porter Children’s Department will be closed January 22-February 20 for renovation.
- Porter Branch will be closed February 10 for installation of the new shelving.
During the renovation:
- A small selection of children's and teen materials will still be available at Porter for browsing.
- Grow a Reader classes will go on as scheduled.
- Children's Departments at other branches are fully operational.
And when the dust has settled there will be a new, exciting browsing area at Porter!