How It Works
1. You’ll receive an email once your hold is available for pickup at your branch. You can also check the status of your holds under On Hold in your online account.
2. Head to your branch. Curbside pickup is now available during all of our open hours!
- Towne Centre Branch offers walk-up holds pickup instead of curbside pickup. Customers can walk up to the entrance of the branch to pick up their holds in person.
- IdeaSpace offers curbside pickup of Tech on the Go, opens a new window equipment only.
- Curbside pickup is not available at Fried Center Branch or the Friends Center & Bookshop.
3. Park in the Curbside Pickup Zone (there will be a sign out front) and text or call the number on the sign. If you don’t use a mobile phone, call us at 540-645-5381 (or 804-224-0921 for Cooper, Montross, or Newton) right before you leave the house and we’ll keep an eye out for your arrival. If each spot in the Zone is full and there’s already a line, please park for a moment until there’s room for one more!
4. Once you’re in the Curbside Pickup Zone and have let us know that you’ve arrived, pop your trunk. For your safety and ours, be sure to stay in your vehicle with the doors closed. A staff member wearing a face mask will check out your materials, bag them, and deliver the bag right to your trunk. If you cannot unlock your trunk then your items will be placed on the curb for you to retrieve.
During hazardous weather conditions, curbside service will be temporarily unavailable.
NOTE: Towne Centre Branch offers Walk-up Holds Pickup. Customers will be able to walk up to the entrance of the branch to pick up their holds in person. Curbside service will not be available at the Towne Centre.