The Budget Process:
Since its formation in 1993 by agreement with the city of Fredericksburg and the counties of Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland, the Central Rappahannock Regional Library has utilized an annual budget development process working with each locality to meet the needs of a growing community and library system.
- July-August - Library staff work with the Director to identify goals for the upcoming fiscal year and craft a budget proposal.
- September - The proposed budget is distributed to the Library Board of Trustees for input and approval.
- October-November - The Board-approved budget proposal is then submitted with a narrative to the City of Fredericksburg, Stafford, and Spotsylvania Counties through their online Regional Partner Application. Library staff meet with the localities' budget officers to discuss budget trends for the upcoming year and answer questions.
- January-February - The budget proposal for Westmoreland is submitted directly to the County.
- March-May - All localities review CRRL's proposed budget for consideration as each finalizes its own budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- May-June - The localities notify the Director of their approved allocations for the upcoming fiscal year.