We know that you have been safely enjoying our digital services, and now you have access to our physical collection again with Curbside Pickup!
- You can pick up your holds in front of your local library branch without leaving your car!
- You can return items at the bookdrop during curbside pickup hours.
- For the details, see Holds and Returns.
See librarypoint.org/news/coronavirus for more information on CRRL’s response to COVID-19.
Here’s how it works:
1. You’ll receive an email once your hold is available for pickup at your branch. You can also check the status of your holds under On Hold in your online account.
2. Head to the Curbside Pickup Zone during your branch’s Curbside Pickup hours.
- Curbside pickup is not available at the Fried Center branch or at the Friends Bookshop at this time.
3. Park in the Curbside Pickup Zone (there will be a sign out front) and text or call the number on the sign. If you don’t use a mobile phone, call us at 540-645-5381 (or 804-224-0921 for Cooper, Montross, or Newton) right before you leave the house and we’ll keep an eye out for your arrival. If each spot in the Zone is full and there’s already a line, please park for a moment until there’s room for one more!
4. Once you’re in the Curbside Pickup Zone and have let us know that you’ve arrived, pop your trunk, or if that’s not possible, roll down a rear window. For your safety and ours, be sure to stay in your vehicle with the doors closed. A staff member wearing a face mask and gloves will check out your materials, bag them, and deliver the bag right to your car!
NOTE: Towne Centre Branch customers will be able to walk up to the entrance of the branch to pick up their holds in person. Curbside service will not be available at the Towne Centre.
Salem Church Branch customers, please follow this traffic pattern for the safest curbside pickup experience!
- From Salem Church Road, turn onto Salem Run Blvd at the stoplight.
- Turn right onto Castlebridge Road (back of shopping area).
- Proceed forward toward Book Drop.
- After Book Drop, turn right into the parking lot to proceed alongside the building.
- At the front of the building, turn left to proceed along the front of the building to the Curbside Pickup Zone.
- After pickup, proceed forward and exit onto Salem Church Road.