Central Rappahannock Regional Library has many resources for our local writers, from research materials to how-to guides to get-togethers with other writers in our area.
Writer's Conference, Howell Branch, Saturday, November 3, 9:00-5:00
A day celebrating writers with informational workshops and panel discussion on marketing for all local authors or authors-to-be. Sign ups for conference begin September 4. Pre-register to recieve weekly email writing tips and information on special writing events and library resources in lead up to the conference. Topics of discussion include: The Art of Self-Editing, Inspiration and Creativity, Navigating Research Roadblocks, and Writing for Children.
Featured speakers and panelists include:
- Traci Hunter Abramson
- Chris Jones
- Rick Pullen
- Candice Ransom
- Ronnie Sidney II
- Steve Watkins
- Suzi Weinert
- Linda White
Proposed schedule of events:
- 9:00-9:30: Registration
- 9:30-10:30: Workshop Sessions I
- 10:45-11:45: Workshop Sessions II
- 12:00-1:30: Lunch and Marketing Panel
- 1:45-2:45: Workshop Sessions III
- 3:00-4:00: Workshop Sessions IV
- 4:15-5:00: Networking and Meet the Speakers (Meet conference speakers and local writers!)
Calling all young writers!
Riverside Young Writers Conference: Bring Your Thoughts to Life, Salem Church Branch, Saturday, November 3, 10:00-4:00
Guest speakers present various topics to help hone your craft and get your ideas to print.
NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, is an annual internet-based creative writing project challenging partcipaints to write 50,000 words of a new novel. Join us in celebrating NaNoWriMo, for some of October and ALL of November!
NaNoWriMo Come Write In
Come write your novel during National Novel Writing Month. We' ll have hints and tips for writer's block.
- Howell, Mondays and Wednesdays in November, 12:00-2:00
- Porter, Tuesdays and Thursdays in November, 10:00-1 :00, except Thursday November 22
- Salem Church, Tuesdays and Thursdays in November, 10:00-1:00, except Thursday, November 22
NaNoWriMo Wrap-Up Party, Salem Church Branch, Saturday, December 1, 2:00-4:00
Celebrate the end of NaNoWriMo and share some of your best pieces or listen to other writers' work.
Howell Branch, 1st Mondays, 7:00-8:30
Fredericksburg Branch, 2nd Thursdays, 7:00-8:30
Porter Branch, 3rd Saturdays, 2:00-4:00
Informal writing workshops for the novice, the pro, and everyone in between. Learn about different aspects of writing, share your drafts and scribbles, and receive feedback from a supportive writers' group. They will be focusing on the following topics every meeting for the spring:
- July: Romance
- August: Historical Fiction
- September: How to Write a Thriller
- October: NaNoWriMo Prep for Success
- November: Writing Mysteries with Guest Speaker, M.E. Maki
The books on these lists can help get you started on your novel’s journey: