Accessibility Features at Our Branches
All branches have accessible parking spaces, ramps, and restrooms. Other accessible features available at many locations include drive-up book drops, wheelchair-accessible doors, plus walkers or wheelchairs available upon request.
There are no interior stairs at the branches except the Fredericksburg Branch, which has elevator access to all floors.
All branches have accessible return boxes, with the Howell Branch also having a drive thru drop off.
See below for detailed accessibility information for each branch.
Specific Accessibility Features by Branch
- Porter*, Salem Church, Howell, Fried, Cooper, Montross, Newton, & Ideaspace - Main front entrance is curb accessible.
- Towne Centre Branch - Mall entrances are all of which are curb accessible.
- Snow Branch - Main entrance can be accessed by a winding ramp up to the main entrance, located next to the front stairs. The ramp is curb accessible.
- Fredericksburg Branch - The atrium entrance located to the left of the front door on Caroline Street is curbside accessible, with an elevator to take you to higher floors stairs.
Accessibility Features of Materials
Closed Captioned videos: these DVDs feature dialogue and usually non-speech print descriptions for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Descriptive videos: These DVDs of television series, television movies, documentaries, and feature films offer the option of describing the action of the movie as well as letting the dialogue come through so that people with visual impairments can enjoy the film. The DVD cases are designated with an AD sticker (audio descriptive).
Large Print: print books with increased font size for the visually impaired.
For more information, see the Access Services page.
Accessibility Features of Online Resources
LinkedIn Learning, opens a new window offers online video courses led by certified instructors. It offers closed captioning, and the full transcript appears under each video. Videos can be downloaded for later offline viewing.
OverDrive eMagazines, opens a new window feature the most popular magazines in downloadable format and will automatically send the newest issue to your device. Pages can be zoomed to enlarge text.
Getting to Our Branches
Many CRRL branches can also be reached by the FREDericksburg Regional Transit buses, which are equipped with wheelchair lifts and safety securement equipment.
Passengers may arrange for service by FRED by calling 540-372-1122 at least 24 hours in advance of their desired pick-up time.
FRED will deviate to make such pick-ups if they are within 3/4 mile and two minutes off-route, and it is safe to do so.
- The Downtown Loop: serves Fredericksburg Branch on Caroline Street.
- Route D2: serves the Howell Branch in Stafford County South Loop.
- Route D4: serves the Porter Branch in the North Stafford Shopping Loop.
- Route S1: serves the Salem Church Branch in Spotsylvania County.
- Route S4: serves the Snow Branch in Spotsylvania County at the Marshall Center.
For Westmoreland County: check out Colonial Beach Transit and Trolley (CBTT) or call at 540-224-0175.