Due to limited capacity appointments are required.
Customers can make appointments for brief tours, badging on equipment, and equipment use by badged customers.
1616 Princess Anne Street, Suite B
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Explore and develop your creativity!
What is IdeaSpace?
CRRL has been a longtime pioneer of offering Maker technology to customers in branches, including 3D printers and scanners, drawing tablets, coding equipment, and sewing machines. Hundreds of library customers have undergone training to earn certification badges allowing them to independently use the technology. Library staff will bring expertise in empowering technology exploration and learning to this new venture.
IdeaSpace will be open 17 evening and weekend hours a week. The facility will include a sound booth for audio/video recording, drawing tablets, and 3D printers. Library staff will provide access and training at no charge to the community. IdeaSpace is a part of the Canal Quarter Creative Maker District in downtown Fredericksburg.
Equipment & Software
At IdeaSpace only, customers will have access to a variety of creative technology to take their projects to the next level. Make a badging appointment to be trained on the following:
- Glowforge Laser Cutter
- Ultimaker s5 3D Printer
- Dremel 3D45 Printer
- Drawing Tablet Stations
- Video and Recording Studio
- Video Converter (VHS to Digital)
- Sewing Machines
Check back later for more details. Soon, you will be able to borrow the following equipment for 1 week:
- 4K Camcorder
- 360 Video Camera
- Audio Equipment
- DJ Turntable
- Novation Launchpad
- Smartphone Mic
- Zoom Audio Recorder
- Drawing Tablets
- Wacom Drawing Tablets
- Lights and Accessories
- Camera Stabilizer
- LED Ring Light
- LED Studio Lights
- Limit of 1 appointment per day.
- Due to occupancy restrictions, max capacity is limited to 4 customers at a time.
- Please make a separate appointment for each person in your party attending IdeaSpace.
- Online appointments can be made 3 days in advance.
- If you would like to make an appointment sooner, email email@example.com or call 540-372-1144.
You can make an appointment for one of the following:
- Overview tour of IdeaSpace (15 minutes)
- Badging appointment (2 hours)
- Equipment Reservation for Badged Customers (2 hours)
This project was made possible due to the generous support of: