(Re) Discover reading with exciting author visits and more!
Jamie Ford, Tuesday, October 10, Fredericksburg Branch, 7:00-8:30
“He'd do what he always did, find the sweet among the bitter.”
Jamie Ford is a New York Times best-selling author of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (2009) and Songs of Willow Frost (2013). Mr. Ford writes historical fiction involving the dreams and struggles of Chinese-Americans. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet received numerous awards after its publication, among them the 2010 Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature, and was a runner-up for the 2009 Langum Prize for historical fiction. It was also named the #1 Book Club Pick for Fall 2009/Winter 2010 by the American Booksellers Association. His latest novel, Love and Other Consolation Prizes, will be published September 12, 2017. On Tuesday, October 10, from 7:00-8:30 at the Fredericksburg Branch, Mr. Ford will be joining us for a reception and question-and-answer session. Refreshments will be served. Sponsored by UMW Libraries.
Looking for a good book? We’ll help you find your next best read with personalized services.
- My Librarian: Request a reading list from a librarian who specializes in your interests.
- Book Match: Fill out this form, and we'll email you our suggestions of similar titles.
- Ask us in person or online: Come to the Adult Services or Youth Services research desks at any library branch, and ask us for recommendations. You can do the same through our contact page. We stay on top of new books, so we can share our favorites with you!
Are you a DIYer? Try...
- Our Online Catalog: Our online catalog offers many ways to get great reading recommendations. See reviews and ratings from other CRRL customers. Many books have similar title recommendations, too.
- Staff Booklists: Library staff creates new booklists all the time. It's easy to request any title that interests you. You can also follow your favorite list creators through our Bibliocommons catalog.
- Book Groups: You can join one of our book groups or start one yourself!
- Top Book Matches: Find a favorite title, and see recommended read-alikes for readers of all ages.