The CRRL region includes Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Westmoreland counties and the city of Fredericksburg. These localities supply a portion of their tax money to support the CRRL, and anyone who resides at or owns a property; a student, a teacher, county, or city government employee within the region may obtain a library card free of charge.
The library has reciprocal agreements with the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, Fauquier, Orange, and Prince William that allow those residents to obtain free cards either by showing a card from their library or proof of residency. All others must pay an annual family fee of thirty dollars. Senior citizens (62+) pay fifteen dollars.
Your library card is good at all of the CRRL branches. A CRRL library card allows you to:
- check out print, audio, and video materials
- access our online databases through our website
- reserve a public access computer at our branches
- check out at any branch and return to any other branch
- check out videos for a week and all other items for two weeks
- renew in person, by telephone or online unless reserve requests have been recorded for those items
- There are no fees charged for overdue children's and teens' materials, magazines and mass-market paperbacks, but replacement fees are levied if the item is lost or damaged. All other materials, with the exception of the DVDs, have overdue fees of .20 cents per day up to $3.00. The overdue fees for DVDs are $1.00 per day up to $6.00 per item. The most you will pay for overdue materials is $20.00; we will waive any overdue fees that exceed this amount.
You can apply for a library card at any of our branches or online.