As your partners in education, the CRRL supports you and your students with their academic needs by providing homework help resources, expert researchers, and interactive learning opportunities.
Online Tutoring | Go Beyond Google | Lifelong Learning Online | Support for Lifelong Learners | For Teachers | Ask Us
Online Tutoring Through Credo Online Reference
- Live Homework Help for Grades 3–12
- Monday–Thursday, 3:00–9:00; Saturday, 9:00–3:00
- Tutoring in science, math, social studies, reading, and writing
- SAT prep
We offer specialized research tools on a variety of subjects from reliable sources, including:
- Encyclopedia Britannica (also available in Spanish): The classic encyclopedia enhanced with images, videos, magazine articles, primary sources, and recommended websites.
- JSTOR: Academic journal articles covering arts, history, humanities, science, medicine, and law.
- Mango Languages: Online language learning
- Testing and Education Reference Center: Students strengthen academic and test-taking skills for AP, SAT, ASVAB, GED, and more.
Video-based online training resource offering more than 6,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more!
- Massive Open Online Classrooms (MOOCs)
Free, auditable, non-credit courses offered by some of the best colleges and universities.
- Don’t have the time or means to stick with the schedule of a MOOC? Try these sites:
- Learn How to Code
- Code Academy: An absolutely free resource to help you get familiarized with many of the most popular coding languages.
- Open Culture
Centralizes and curates high-quality cultural and educational media.
- TED Talks
TED (Technology, Engineering, and Design) presents bold, new thought leadership from education radicals, tech geniuses, medical mavericks, business gurus, music legends, and other remarkable minds.
For online and paper-based exam takers by appointment.
CRRL owns over 750,000 items, but if we don’t have the book, article, DVD, CD, or microfilm you need, we may be able to borrow it from another library system in the U.S.
Wifi: Free at all branches!
Find these and the rest of your Curriculum Connections at the Teacher's Place!
Education grows with the power of your library card. Ask about fine-free checkouts for teachers!
Library Lowdown: Teacher Newsletter
A quarterly newsletter, highlighting new information and resources tailored to elementary, middle, and high school teachers.
CRRL researchers gather curriculum support materials tailored to meet your students’ needs for use in your classroom.
Book Group in a Bag
Multiple copies of the same title available for an extended checkout period.
Grow A Reader Education Workshop, Salem Church, Wednesday, October 24
Techniques. tips, and tricks to promote literacy in your early childhood classroom. Earn 2 hours of credit for state licensing. Sign up by emailing Katie Heslop at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 540-372-1144, ext. 7542 beginning October 1st.
There are so many ways to get homework help from your librarians!
- Visit in person and ask our extensively trained staff for help with all of your homework needs.
- Send us your questions or chat with a librarian: www.librarypoint.org/contact
- Simply give us a call at 540-372-1144.