Discovery Tables are back, all summer long! Discovery Tables are a rotating series of self-guided, discover-it-yourself STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) activities. Grades K-6.
When? June 14-24, June 28-July 7, July 12-22, July 26-August 5, and August 9-19.
Where? Fredericksburg, Howell, Salem Church, Snow, and Porter Branches.
- Dino Discovery: Excavate and identify dinosaur bones!
- Mapping My World: Plan your next adventure with map-making tools.
- Spiral Design: Make pictures with stencils and a Spirograph.
- Starry Night: Learn about constellations and their stellar myths!
- Which Weighs More?: Use a balance scale to compare objects.
For more STEM learning opportunities, drop into one of our MakerLab sessions and enjoy hands-on learning with a variety of high- and low- tech equipment and activities. All ages. There are 2-3 activities per session, such as a 3D printer, paper rocket launcher, robot arms, Ozobots, and much more. See photos from 2017's Discovery Tables below.