Official Websites of County Governments
- Fredericksburgopens a new window
- Spotsylvania Countyopens a new window
- Stafford Countyopens a new window
- Westmoreland Countyopens a new window
- Caroline Countyopens a new window
- King George Countyopens a new window
- Virginia State Legislatureopens a new window
Local/Regional Colleges & Universities
- University of Mary Washington (UMW): Four-year state university located in Fredericksburg, Virginia. CRRL customers may request books from UMW's Library through Inter-Library Loan (ILL).
- George Mason University (GMU): The largest public research university in Virginia with 10 schools and colleges devoted to a variety of areas of study.
- Germanna Community College (GCC): Germanna Community College is one of the twenty-three community colleges in Virginia that comprise the Virginia Community College System. It is a two-year public institution of higher education. Germanna provides quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
- Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA): Located near Washington, D.C., the College includes six campuses: Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Manassas, Springfield, and Woodbridge; along with Reston Educational Center and ELI. NOVA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and offers more than 160 degrees at the associate's level and certificate programs.
- Fredericksburg Visitor Center
- Fredericksburg Guidebook: a selected listing of area restaurants, attractions, and services.
- Area Museums and Historic Houses
- Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair
- Fredericksburg Festival of the Arts
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Historic Fredericksburg: sponsored by Downtown Retail Marketing, Inc.
- Simply Fredericksburg
- Stafford Tourism & Economic Development Information
- Stafford Business Exchange: a membership-based organization to maintain the highest quality of services and promote professional relationships.
- Spotsylvania County
- Westmoreland County
Local News & Radio Stations
- Newspapers/Online News
- Radio Stations
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park: Includes online visitor center. Has information on the battles of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Chancellorsville, and Wilderness.
- Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation: Fredericksburg's parks combine the historic and cultural elements of the town with outdoor fun. Enjoy exercise trails at Alum Springs, the farmers' market and occasional festivals at Hurkamp Park, and boating and fishing at Mott's Run Reservoir. Several parks have playgrounds and picnic shelters. Activities brochures are available online, and online sign-up is available for some classes.
- George Washington Birthplace National Monument: Serenity bests describes this National Park Service property located within an easy drive of the Fredericksburg area on beautiful Popes Creek in Westmoreland County. The 550-acre park offers a reconstruction of a colonial house and a working farm. Knowledgeable costumed interpreters demonstrate skills used to tend an 18th century household. Wildlife is abundant, and you may enjoy their nature trail and picnic area while reveling in history at a bargain price.
- Spotsylvania County Parks and Recreation: Hike and swim the summer away in one of Spotsylvania's great parks. Some parks have fields for football, soccer, baseball, and softball as well as tennis and basketball courts and playgrounds. Program listings are available online.
- Stafford County Parks and Recreation: Find places to fish, swim, picnic and enjoy sports in Stafford County. Their activities brochure is available online.
- Virginia State Parks: Links to information on dozens of Virginia parks. A general map shows park locations throughout the state. Includes online brochures on outdoor activities.
- Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation: The department offers activities for all ages, from adult basketball and aerobics to Little League baseball, Red Cross babysitting certification, toddler playtime, and quilting.
- Westmoreland State Park: They've got a beautiful beach trail, kayaking for beginners (including instruction!), a swimming pool, fishing and boating, and well-equipped cabins with air-conditioning and heat to rent—these can be reserved online.
A Guide for Area Commuters - Do you want a kinder, gentler commute? Read this article by CRRL librarian Virginia Johnson about commuting options.
Buses and Trains
- AMTRAK: National Railroad for the U.S. and Canada.
- FREDericksburg Regional Transitopens a new window: Bus service for Fredericksburg and surrounding localities.
- Greyhound Bus Linesopens a new window: Buses make many local stops and are another way for people to meet their long-distance transportation needs. Click here for information on the Fredericksburg bus stop.
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE): includes a timetable, price guides, and other information about the VRE service.
- Area Taxis
- Local Airports
- International Airports
- Van/Limo Service to DC Airports