For 25 years and counting, CRRL has provided a forum for area teen artists in grades 9-12 to be recognized for their talent at the Fredericksburg Branch.
The library is proud to have established this unique opportunity for local students. It's not uncommon for library customers to be interested in purchasing the art or to commission new work.
Best in Show 2019: "Julianne" by Serena McGowan
Art Work Submission Dates:
at the Fredericksburg Branch Youth Service desk on the 2nd Floor
Rules for Entry
- Entries may be submitted by students living in the City of Fredericksburg, the counties of Spotsylvania, Stafford, or Westmoreland, or by any other teen who holds a library card from Central Rappahannock Regional Library.
- All work must be original interpretations by the artist. No copies, please. We cannot use pieces hung at the library in previous years.
- All work must be framed OR painted canvas on stretcher strips OR mounted on foam core and shrink-wrapped (no saran-wrap please). We cannot accept three-dimensional freestanding work. Foam core with acetate or shrink-wrap is the least expensive option. Minimum matted or framed size is 11” x 14”.
- No gallery clips, plastic frames, or picture frames with easel supports/stands.
- An entrant may submit no more than two pieces. Please bring TWO registration forms for each piece of artwork submitted.
- All work will be accepted contingent on being reviewed by the installation committee. The library reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- While we make every effort to care for your art, the library is not responsible for the damage or loss of any work.
- Images may be used in CRRL promotional material unless the artist indicates otherwise.
Important dates & information
Artwork Submission Date: February 19 - 27
Exhibit Date: March 6 - April 24
Opening Reception: Friday, March 6, 7:00 at the Fredericksburg Branch
Wrapped in Red by Melia Smith, Teen Art Show 2019
Area artists will judge the Grades 11-12 category prior to the opening of the exhibit.
Participants in the Grades 11-12 category will judge the Grades 9-10 category at the opening reception between 6:30-7:00.
Where and When to Pick Up Accepted Artwork
After the exhibit is over, work must be picked up April 27 - May 12 from the 2nd Floor Desk at the Fredericksburg Branch unless you wish to donate your work to Loisann’s Hope House. See more information below.
We would like to give participants the option of sharing their talent to improve the lives of needy families in our area by beautifying their homes with the artwork. Loisann’s Hope House provides a safe haven for homeless mothers and their children from the Central Rappahannock region who want to learn the life skills needed to become self-sufficient. While art show participants are certainly not required to donate their artwork to Loisann’s Hope House, we will make donating as simple as possible for those who would like to do so. To donate your artwork, simply leave it at the library after April 18, and we will deliver the artwork to Loisann’s Hope House for you.
Questions & Information
Fredericksburg Branch Youth Services, 540-372-1144, ext. 7243