Artistic works inspired by the Spotsylvania experience - scenes, sites, and people. Displayed at the Salem Church Branch.
Awards Reception: Salem Church Branch, Monday, September 30, 7:00-8:30
Generously donated by the Friends of the Library
Submissions accepted online August 12-26
The library now only accepts online submissions. Artists no longer need to bring their works in to be juried; this process will be done only online. The submission form link will be posted on this page on August 12.
Entry Fees: $25 for the first piece, $10 for each additional piece.
Online jurying: Tuesday, August 27
Notification of accepted work will be posted here by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27.
Where to Drop Off & Pick Up Accepted Works
Deliver work to the Salem Church Branch in Study Rooms 3 & 4
- Thursday, August 29, 2:00-9:00
- Friday, August 30, 9:00-5:00
- Saturday, August 31, 9:00-5:00
Pick up exhibited work at the Salem Church Branch, Study Rooms 3 & 4
- Friday, November 1, 9:00-5:00
- Saturday, November 2, 9:00-5:00
Details About the Contest
All artists (ages 18 and up) are invited to apply. Artistic works must be inspired by the Spotsylvania experience--scenes, sites, and people. Entries must be original and completed in the last five years. No repeat entries.
- Works must be framed and ready to hang with two hooks or screw-eyes for wire attachment.
- Slide metal hooks to the top of metal frames, and put screw eyes 2” from top on wooden frames. Unframed stretched canvas pieces are acceptable as long as they are ready to hang and the sides are finished.
- No gallery clips.
- Frame size must be no smaller than 11” x 14” and no larger than 48” x 36”
- Additional: Make sure you have read our guidelines for artists, including framing requirements. Art which is improperly framed will not be accepted. Framing requirements are listed here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with framing or size questions.
- All work must be for sale, priced to reflect a 20% commission.
- Buyers make checks payable to CRRL.
- Natural Media (Painting, Drawing/Printmaking, Mixed)
- Digital/Photography (Photography, Computer Generated)
We are sorry we cannot accept 3-dimensional work.
Generously donated by the Friends of the Library. Prizes awarded in each category.
- Best in Show: $500
- First Place: $250
- Second Place: $125
- Third Place: $75
- Honorable Mention: $50
- Jurying by CRRL Graphics Department
- Judge TBA
Questions & Information
Anna Lowry, Graphics Department Head
540-372-1144 ext. 7018