Did you know that you can check out and download eBooks and eAudio through the library? This video tutorial will show how easy it is to check out an eBook on the Libby app from OverDrive, and send it to your Kindle, or the free Kindle app on your smartphone or tablet.
To follow along with this video tutorial, you will need three things:
- You need to have the Libby app downloaded onto your smartphone or tablet, and be signed in.
- You will need to have either a Kindle reading device or the free Kindle app installed on your smartphone or tablet.
- You will need to have an Amazon account.
First, go to the Libby app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the purple bar called Preferences. Under Compatibility, select “Kindle” to search all of the Kindle-available titles.
- Now search for your book!
- If your book is available, it will say Borrow. If not, you can place a hold and receive an email when the title is ready. Most books check out to one person at a time.
Tip: To find an eBook you can download right away, tap on Preferences and then Availability. Change to Available Now.
Once you have found your eBook, it’s time to check it out.
Click on Borrow under the book you want. You will see your card information. Click the “Borrow” button.
Click the Read with Kindle link.
The app will open Amazon.com. Log in to your account.
Make sure that the Deliver To information is set to your preferred device.
Click Get Library Book and the title will be sent to you. Sync your Kindle or Kindle app to see your new title.
Now it’s time to relax and enjoy your new book from the library!