John Musante Porter Branch
About This Branch
The Porter Branch of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library is located in rapidly growing Stafford, Virginia. It is a 23,000 square foot building originally constructed in 1992, opening to the public on November 16. The Stafford County Board of Supervisors voted to name the branch for their chair, John Musante Porter, a library advocate, after he passed away in June of 1992 shortly before the branch was scheduled to open.
Porter Branch Temporary Closing
CRRL’s Porter Branch will be closed Saturday, August 30, through Thursday, September 4, for roof repairs. We apologize for the inconvenience and will make this as easy as we can:
- Nothing will be due back at Porter while it is closed. If you wish to return items during the closure, please visit another CRRL location. Our England Run branch is near Rt. 17 in southern Stafford.
- Need to renew? Please go to our catalog: librarypoint.bibliocommons.com and log in to your account or visit or call one of our other branches.
- There will be no overdue fines while we are closed.
- Need to pick up holds? Ask us by August 29 to change the pick-up location to one of our other branches.
Directions & Map
- Exit I-95 at the Garrisonville exit, north of Fredericksburg (143 B) and south of Washington D.C. (143 B).
- You will exit onto Route 610 or Garrisonville Road.
- Follow Garrisonville Road west about 3 miles.
- At the stoplight for Parkway Boulevard, turn left into the Park Ridge subdivision. (Beyond the light is the Stafford water tower. If you pass it you've gone too far.)
- Drive about 1/2 mile on Parkway Boulevard and you will see the Porter Branch on the left.
- Park Ridge Elementary is directly across the street.
Computers: 34 public-access computers
Wireless: All branches have wireless Internet access.
Meeting Rooms: 80-seat theater which can be partitioned to make two smaller rooms, and additional 20-seat meeting room. Make reservations in advance.
Book Groups: Porter Book Club meets monthly. See their selections in the Book Groups.
Collection Size: 138,809
Exhibits: Two display cases and picture rail in Atrium; Atrium features monthly art exhibits of local artists.
Notary Public: On duty during most branch hours, but call ahead to be certain authorized staff is available. See more here.
Parking: 92 off-street parking spaces around building
Accessibility Features: 5 handicapped parking spaces, ramps at both entrances, wheelchair accessible button to open all outside doors, no interior stairs, accessible restrooms, magnifier/reader and a magnifying glass available at the adult reference desk, walker with basket available at front desk
Transportation: The Fred Stafford D4, D7 and D8 buses stop at the library. See maps and schedules at www.ridefred.com.
Architect: The Lukmire Partnership, Arlington, Virginia